CANBERRA T4 (WJ 880)This aircraft entered service with the RAF in March 1955 with 15 MU and in August of that year was assigned to 104 Squadron, 2nd Tactical Air Force in Germany at RAF Gutersloh. In August 1956 it served with Station Flt. at Laarbruch. Between 1959 and late 1962 it was on charge with 5 & 15 MU. In November 1962 the aircraft was sent to Marshalls of Cambridge where it was modified for flight trials. In 1963 it was again assigned HQ RAF Germany (squadron unknown) at Laarbruch. Returned to the UK and served with several maintenance units until it was put on disposal on 17 July 1968. WJ880 was eventually scrapped except for the cockpit section in 1982 and finally came to Dumfries & Galloway Aviation Museum in the early 1990s. In 2003 the cockpit section was restored by the finishing shop at RAF Leuchars.